SPICY TURMERIC CHICKPEA VEGETABLE SOUP
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh diced ginger
- 1-2 jalapeños, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell pepper, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms, rinsed
- 1.5 tablespoons ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 48 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 15 ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 limes, juiced
- Optional toppings: cilantro, sriracha, red pepper flakes
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, jalapeño and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pepper, carrots, celery, cauliflower, green beans and sauté until they soften (about 5 minutes). Season well with salt and pepper and stir frequently.
- Add mushrooms and turmeric and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, coconut milk and chickpeas. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in the juice of 2 limes and enjoy!
Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes, sriacha