Around the Holidays, I often find myself craving simple veggie filled meals among all of the wine, cheese and tasty sweet treats. I also find that the last thing I want to be doing is planning/making complicated meals that take away from time spent with family and friends (or just relaxing!). This sheet pan bake is the perfect weeknight dinner. It's loaded with high fiber veggies, lean protein and Dr Praeger's kale puffs made with red bliss potatoes for a flavorful and balanced meal.
If brussels sprouts aren't you're thang, you could totally sub any vegetables you like here (cabbage or cauliflower would also be delish). This meal is super versatile, but I do highly recommended the fresh parsley + pomegranate seeds as a topping because it takes the flavors in this meal to the next level (with very minimal effort).
Bottom line: I could eat this meal every day and totally plan on doing so for the rest of the week. So excited for you to try!
sheet pan brussels sprout chicken sausage Bell pepper onion and kale puff bake
- 16 ounces brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 4 pre-cooked chicken sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices (I used Italian)
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 box Dr Praeger's frozen Kale Puffs (could also sub regular diced potatoes)
- Toppings: fresh parsley and pomegranate seeds
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Spread brussels sprouts, pepper, onion and chicken sausage out over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and season with oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning
- Roast for 15 minutes and then add the frozen kale puffs. Mix w/ veggies and chicken sausage and place back in the oven
- Roast for an additional 10-12 minutes until the veggies are tender and start to brown slightly
- Top with fresh parsley, pomegranate seeds and enjoy!