Spicy Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Frittata with Avocado and Cilantro
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1-2 cups spinach
- 2 pre-cooked spicy chicken sausage, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 diced avocado, cilantro and green onion for topping
- Heat cast iron pan over low-medium heat.
- While the pan is heating, whisk eggs together in a small bowl.
- When the pan is heated, add avocado oil, bell pepper and onion. Saute for 2 minutes and then add zucchini. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- When the vegetables are softened, add pre-cooked chicken sausage and spinach. Saute until spinach is wilted and chicken sausage begins to brown
- Pour in the eggs and spread evenly around the pan
- When the egg starts to firm up around the edges of the pan, place under the broiler for about 3 minutes (this will vary depending on the strength of your oven) until the egg is cooked and the top begins to crisp.
- Top with avocado, cilantro and green onion - enjoy!