SPRING VEGETABLE QUINOA SALAD WITH A HONEY LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 1 cup UNCOOKED quinoa (cooked according to package instructions and cooled)
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed (I just rinse under cold water)
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups well chopped spinach (4 big handfuls)
- 2 cups chopped basil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 4-6 ounces crumbled feta
- Sliced almonds for topping
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2-3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey (more if you want it sweeter)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Lots of cracked black pepper
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust salt and honey if desired. Set aside.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Top with slivered almond and more crumbed feta.