Get ready for the most perfectly spiced and flavorful vegetarian chili recipe everrrrr! I know what you're thinking - can she really be this excited about chili? Yes. For real though - I made a big pot of this chili for lunches last week and it was one of those meals that I couldn't wait to eat each day. I could truly eat this comforting bowl of goodness over and over again.
Some people might think that chili is basic, but this version is anything but that! It's full of flavorful spices, aromatics and loaded with fiber from beans and plenty of veggies. I highly recommend topping this cozy bowl with fresh avocado for an extra boost of healthy fats + a little creaminess.
- 2 large stalks celery, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add celery, pepper, carrot, onion, garlic and salt and sauté until veggies soften (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add spices and stir for about 1 minute to coat veggies.
- Add beans, tomatoes and broth and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to purée 1-2 cups of soup and then add back into the pot with cilantro and lime juice. * Blending a portion of the soup makes it SO thick and awesome - I highly recommend.