Vegetarian Greek Orzo Salad
Serves about 6
- 1.5 cups uncooked orzo, cooking according to package instructions (I love Delallo whole wheat orzo)
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 3 cups chopped spinach (chop super well!)
- ½ cup finely diced red onion (less if you don’t like onion!)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, rinsed and halved
- 4-6 ounces crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 heaping tbsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to package instructions and set aside.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon, oregano and garlic and set aside.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients with the cooked orzo.
- Add the dressing and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.