Chicken Rosemary and Butternut Squash Noodle Soup
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks celery, halved and diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 12 ounces green beans, chopped into 1-1/2 inch chunks
- 1 small carton sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 12 ounces butternut squash noodles
- 48 ounces low sodium chicken broth + 2 cups water
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil or ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, pepper, garlic and season well with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add diced green beans, rosemary, thyme and oregano and sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes and season again with salt and pepper.
- Add broth + water and bring to a boil.
- Add butternut squash noodles and chicken and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add fresh lemon juice and enjoy!