I almost titled this post "BEST Chickpea Salad Ever" because I love it so. dang. much. (it felt a little cliche, so I refrained). I've eaten a lot of chickpea salads in my day, but this one is by far the easiest and most flavorful. No cooking required (just a little chopping) and loaded with fresh crunchy veggies, parsley, garlic, lemon and goat cheese.
The recipe is super versatile, so feel free to use whatever veggies you like! I've eaten this over greens like a salad, stuffed into a wrap with hummus and just straight up for quick meals. Can't wait for you to try this one!
Easy Vegetarian Chickpea Salad
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 large stalks celery, diced
- 2 small bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups baby tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese (you only need a little to add great flavor!)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together ingredients in a large bowl and enjoy!
This is one of those dishes that gets even better when it sits overnight in the fridge.