Harvest Bowls with Apples Grilled Chicken and a Mustard Balsamic Dressing
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large bunch curly kale, shredded
- 2 small cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 2 apples (I used gala), diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, diced (about 2 cups of diced chicken)
- 4 ounces of crumbled goat cheese
- Sliced almonds for topping
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, mix together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Mix kale, cucumber, apple, onion, chicken and goat cheese in a large bowl. Add the cooked quinoa and then the dressing - mix throughly until everything is coated with the dressing.
- Top with sliced almonds and more goat cheese if desired.