Cauliflower fried "rice" with crispy sesame-honey tempeh
- 2 blocks of organic tempeh, diced into cubes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce, coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- Heat sesame oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add tempeh and cook until browned (about 3-4 mins). Flip and brown the other side (another 3-4 mins).
- Add liquid aminos, sriracha, honey and warm water and stir to coat the tempeh. Remove from the heat and set aside.
CAULIFLOWER RICE INGREDIENTS
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups riced cauliflower*
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos (or low sodium soy suace, coconut aminos)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
CAULIFLOWER RICE INSTRUCTIONS
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant (about 1-2 mins).
- Add carrot, pepper and cabbage. Saute until tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add cauliflower rice and green peas. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in liquid aminos, apple cider vinegar and sesame oil and stir to combine.
Optional toppings: sesame seeds, green onion, red pepper flakes, scrambled egg
*Grate the cauliflower in a food processor with the grating disc OR use pre-riced cauliflower (fresh or frozen both work)