spicy peanut soba noodle salad
- 8 oz box of buckwheat soba noodles
- 3 cups of carrot noodles or shredded carrots
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- Optional: 2 cups shredded chicken
Spicy Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 2/3 cup unsalted smooth peanut butter*
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 inch piece ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeño or 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (omit if you don't like spice)
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons warm water
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a large bowl or blend in a food processor/blender and set aside. Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of water if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl. Mix together salad ingredients and dressing.
- Top with more cilantro and toasted sesame seeds
*You can substitute almond butter or sunflower seed for peanut butter