If you're looking for a fun, flavorful and veggie packed meal to spice up your weekday lunches, I GOTCHU. I'm super excited to share this recipe with you guys because it's quick to make (30 mins or less...I promise!), it's loaded with fiber from the crunchy veggies, quinoa and chickpeas, and the sauce is made with some of my favorite flavors including ginger, garlic, sesame oil, almond butter and a little heat.
This is a great meal to batch prep ahead of time for a couple days, since it holds up super well in the fridge (aka it stays nice and crunchy).
Crunchy Thai Quinoa Salad with a Spicy Almond Butter Sauce
- 1/2 small head shredded purple cabbage
- 3 cups shredded or spiralized carrots
- 1.5 cucumbers, seeds scooped out and thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup UNCOOKED quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 head of cilantro, chopped
- 2/3 cup unsalted almond butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons warm water
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions
- Make sauce and set aside. Adjust water and spice to your liking.
- Chop veggies and combine in a large bowl with sauce
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds, cilantro, sriracha