I'll cut right to the chase here -- this zesty Black and Corn Salad full of crunchy veggies should makes it's way into your life ASAP. It's super easy to make (just a little chopping required) and it's full of fun and fresh flavors like cilantro, chili powder, cumin, garlic and fresh lime juice.
You can eat it by itself like I did, use it to top grilled chicken or fish tacos, as a dip (give me allll the tortilla chips) or as a side dish to pretty much anything. Can you tell I really like this salad?
black bean and corn salad
- 2 cans black beans (look for no salt added and BPA free cans), drained and rinsed
- 1 can organic corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 3-4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cups baby tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 head of cilantro, chopped well
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 3-4 limes (depending on how juicy they are and how much you like)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, diced
- Combine all ingredients except avocado in a large bowl. Let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours to chill before eating.
- Mix in cubed avocado prior to eating.