Spring vegetable rotini with garlic lemon and goat cheese
- 1 box Banza chickpea rotini (I also love lentil pasta)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- Juice of 1.5 lemons
- 2-3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tsp ed pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Optional: fresh parsley and red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and toss with olive oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp ghee or olive oil in a large pan over medium and add broccoli florets. Sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Add garlic, onion, salt and pepper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until broccoli softens
- Add frozen green peas, spinach and artichokes to the pan. Saute until spinach wilts.
- Add pasta to the pan along with another drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice, goat cheese, salt pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Top with fresh parsley and more red pepper flakes