Snacks are one of the most important parts of our diet, but often one of the most overlooked. They bridge the gap between meals, help to support stable blood sugar and energy levels, promote mental clarity, and prevent you from becoming overly hangry before your next meal. Spice up your snack game with this incredibly flavorful and satiating dip!
I'll cut right to the chase here -- this zesty Black and Corn Salad full of crunchy veggies should makes it's way into your life ASAP. It's super easy to make (just a little chopping required) and it's full of fun and fresh flavors like cilantro, chili powder, cumin, garlic and fresh lime juice.
You can eat it by itself like I did, use it to top grilled chicken or fish tacos, as a dip (give me allll the tortilla chips) or as a side dish to pretty much anything. Can you tell I really like this salad?
black bean and corn salad
- 2 cans black beans (look for no salt added and BPA free cans), drained and rinsed
- 1 can organic corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 3-4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cups baby tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 head of cilantro, chopped well
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 3-4 limes (depending on how juicy they are and how much you like)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, diced
- Combine all ingredients except avocado in a large bowl. Let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours to chill before eating.
- Mix in cubed avocado prior to eating.